WELCOME !

Welcome to THE WRITER'S DEN! My name is Adam Leonard. I am an author and high school teacher. Welcome you to my blog! I hope you'll leave a comment or two. Join the site using the button on the right side bar! Thanks for stopping by! *******************************************************************************************************************************

Monday, February 27, 2012

Epic Fail at Walmart...



So... I was so excited to have a dare and do something "fun" and youthful now that I am nearing old fartdom. The dare was to sing Aretha Franklin's "RESPECT" in a Walmart type store. So, I planned to get some pics of myself pretending to sing to in Walmart with some funny pics of customers and employees covering their ears. My 7 year old son even made me a construction paper microphone he insisted I use. I brought 3 of my 4 kids along, my wife, and my dad, who is a professional photographer. On the way there I had plans to get pics of me riding around on the store wheelchair/scooter chasing unsuspecting customers while singing terribly...  I thought I might pretend to serenade the elderly greeter... 

We got there, went inside, pulled out the cameras and within 2-3 minutes- the store manager was telling me that Walmart does not allow pictures to be taken inside the store!?? 
Now, had I not been a teacher, and 20 years younger, I may have tried to sneak into a different store and try it again- but alas... I am old and lame and I think that was the end of my dares in public places (However I could still be persuaded to do some dares that could be performed without getting arrested or kicked out of a store !)


loulouvoo said...
hi i'm loulouvoo,(from perfect 10) here's my truth and dare for you Truth What is the worst gift you have ever received? Dare Use lipstick and write the word “funky monkey” across your face. Keep it there at least 30mins. While walking round your local supermarket.
February 21, 2012 11:59 AM
Monica G Lopez said...
Loulouvoo, Your dare is e-pic! :) I wish I would of thought of it. :)
February 23, 2012 10:15 AM
Adam N. Leonard said...
Dearest Monica and Loulouvoo (you twisted freaks): I plan to fulfill your requests of me this weekend- so stay tuned... Also, please join my blog and post some of your writing or a link to your writing!!! :)
February 24, 2012 10:36 AM
Adam N. Leonard said...
Worst Gift: I was 8 years old and obsessed with the pratfall- I had mastered the fake trip and liked to fall over the couch, the coffee table, down the stairs, etc to get a laugh from my prepubescent friends... Well, I had invited most of my 3rd grade class to my birthday party that year, had asked my parents for and expected Star-wars action figures... The first present I took to open was from my parents. I pretended to fall out of my seat and fell onto the present to get a laugh and hopefully not bang up my action figure too bad... My parents scolded me and took the present from me as they lit my birthday cake. I thought that yelling at me on my birthday was pretty rude so when they handed me back my present to open it- I accidentally-on purpose let it catch fire over the candles. I thought this would have some terrific shock value and maybe get a few laughs- plus was payback for being yelled at me during my party. I figured I'd pat it out before C3PO or R2D2 got melted- But DANG! wrapping paper goes up like gasoline! I tried to pat out the flames but quickly gave up, tossed it on the floor and stomped out the flames by jumping up and down on the box- action figures be damned! Well... turns out the parents got me a hamster that year...
February 27, 2012 10:29 PM
Adam N. Leonard said...
By the way, that birthday story may or may not be true... remember making up stories is my hobby! (no hamsters were injured! I think I actually got a sweater for my 8th birthday!)
February 27, 2012 10:43 PM

No comments: